Monday, February 29, 2016
Our month of friendship was a huge success! A gallery full of beautiful cards that truly show the versatility of one-layer goodness! Some very CAS, others full of rich detail and colour. We are truly thankful for you, our friends, and that you share your creativity with us here at OLS!
Here are the Details for this month. Don't forget to grab our badge for your blog!
Michelle's simple, gorgeous card still has big impact by having one poppy in colour and the rest grey.
Susan's use of scoring adds interest without clutter!
Ashwini's card was stunning with the amazing shadowing she added to the background.
Bev T created this beauty with such a wonderful watercolour look that I just loved.
Sharon did an amazing job creating the illusion of dimension with masking, shadows, and color. I absolutely thought she was cheating and using layers!
Gerrina balanced the large and heavy script sentiment perfectly with a gorgeously dense and colorfully realistic scene. That's great CAS design work!
Sandie's card is a simple but clever layout using the same stamp but a lighter shade to create the reflected image. Her second entry is stunning too.
Kristie's soft colour scheme is a subtle background for her bold black sentiment.
Monday, February 1, 2016
Welcome to February! Ardyth here, your OLS hostess this month. We wanted to let you know that we are now linking all of our posts to our new OLS Facebook page. Be sure to pop over and follow us for another way for you to stay in touch with OLS and see what's going on.
In honour of our new Facebook page, this month's theme will be Friends. Your one-layer card can use any colour, layout, technique, occasion, sentiment, but the word Friend (or friends, or friendship, you get the drift) must appear.
For my card, I used a partial sentiment from Neat & Tangled, and old YOU from my "unidentified stash" and then created a mask using a die from MFT's BluePrints 25. I sponged the unmasked area using distress inks.
- A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers of paper allowed!
- Make a card containing the word 'friend'. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.
- Post your card somewhere on the internet and link to it using the InLinkz button below. If you link to your blog, please be sure to link to your OLS24 post, not to your blog's main page. That way, we will be sure to see your beautiful entry!
- The deadline is midnight EST on February 24.
- The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!