Tuesday, March 1, 2016

OLS25 - Let Green 'March' In

Welcome to the OLS challenge for March.
Karen here as your OLS hostess this month.
We wanted to let you know that we are now linking all of our posts to our new OLS Facebook page. Be sure to pop over and follow us for another way for you to stay in touch with OLS and see what's going on.

When I think of March, I think of winter's end approaching, the garden starting to come alive, St. Patrick's Day and of course the colour green.  So, this month's theme for your one layer card will be:

 Let Green 'March' In
 Create a card using shades of green and one other neutral on your white card.

For my card, I masked a panel across the front of my cardstock, inked up my stamp by Fred B. Mullett using 2 shades of green Brushos diluted with water and stamped.  When that was dry, I rubbed green Distress ink along the edges to define the panel.  I removed the masks, added scored lines on either side and stamped my sentiment from Daisy Bucket.


OLS#25 RULES:

  1.  A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers of paper allowed! 
  2. Make a monochromatic card using just shades of green and one other neutral. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum. 
  3. Post your card somewhere on the internet and link to it using the InLinkz button below. If you link to your blog, please be sure to link to your OLS25 post, not to your blog's main page. That way, we will be sure to see your beautiful entry!
  4. The deadline is midnight EST on March 24th. 
  5. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!


4 comments:

  1. Great Challenge, Karen! Your card is beyond fantastic. I LOVE how you used the image...it's such a a happy, high-energy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so beautiful Karen. I love your different shades of green and scored edges. The perfect OLC. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous inspiration from Karen and all the entries, absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Karens card with the brusho's, water and stamping. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete