Friday, July 1, 2016

OLS29 Christmas in July


Hi everyone, it's Heather here, inviting you to participate in the July One Layer Simplicity Challenge. I have decided to get started on some Christmas cards and thought I would challenge all of you to join me. I realise some of you are way ahead of me but maybe you would like to take the challenge to make a few of your Christmas cards one layer.

If you participate in a different celebration towards the end of the year you are welcome to post your cards here this month; just make sure they are one layer!

OLS29 Rules:

1.  A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of cardstock folded in half.  No other layers of
     paper allowed. 
2.  Make a one layer Christmas card and keep embellishments to a minimum.  
3.  Post your card somewhere on the internet and link to it using the Inlinkz button below.
     If you link to your blog, please be sure to link to your OLS29 post and not to your blog's main page.
     That way, we will be sure to see your beautiful creation!
4.  The deadline is midnight EST on July 24th.
5.   The most important rule of all:  HAVE FUN!


8 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Heather, loving the effect on those trees x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene, Heather--love your style! I need OL cards for hubby's newly found cousins, so will be participating this month for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this challenge, Heather! I really needed a kick in the pants to get going on Christmas, or I'll hate myself come fall. Love your card! Just the right amount of blue on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge but the In linkz is down, here is my link http://handcraftedbyjules.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/friends-make-holiday-special.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Julie - we had technical difficulty. I see that you linked up - so glad you joined us!

      Delete
  5. I was Googling for one-layer cards and came across your challenge - thank you for the awesome inspiration! I just linked up my card! I find one-layer cards to be very challenging! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found us! Hope you'll find lots of inspiration and that we'll see you each month!

    ReplyDelete