There are lots of fabulous options for this challenge, so remember that you have 24 days to play and are free to enter as many times as you wish. The challenge closes on August 24th.
For this challenge, pick one of the following color combinations and make a card celebrating this warm and fruitful season:
|Shades of Summer #1
|Shades of Summer #2
|Shades of Summer #3
|Shades of Summer #4
|Shades of Summer #5
|Shades of Summer #6
Aren't all those photos and colors beautiful?!!! If you've never spent time on the Design Seeds website, you might want to visit. AMAZING inspiration there, and all our inspiration photos this month come from it.
Tips for tackling this challenge:
1. Don't feel like you have to use ALL the colors in a combination...just 2 or 3 are fine, if you're keeping it really simple. Or use them all. It's really up to you.
2. If you don't have an exact shade of ink to match, don't sweat. Get as close as you can to the suggested colors, as I have done below.
3. Remember that you can off-stamp if you have a dark shade and need a lighter one. If you've never off-stamped, here's how: ink the stamp fully, stamp it on a piece of scrap paper, huff your moist breath on the stamp, then stamp it on your card. Test with the ink you're using on scraps first because some inks off-stamp better than others.
4. Keep your cards themed summery (floral, beach, ocean, picnic, summer sports, fruit, garden, etc.).
|Using Shades of Summer #5
|Using Shades of Summer #3
My second card makes the oranges of the inspiration photo dominant with a tropical ocean reef theme. Note that Shades of Summer #3 actually has more blues...but I changed the emphasis. Feel free to do the same.
Rules for OLS#8
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed.
2. Make a card inspired by summer using colors from one of the 6 Shades of Summer options above. Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.
3. Post your card somewhere online and say which Shades of Summer option you used. Then, link to it using the InLinkz button below. If you link to your blog, please be sure that you link to the specific post and NOT your blog's main page.
4. HAVE FUN!!!